Ingredients20g Ballyhoura Mountain Mushrooms Risotto Mix
2 shallots or small onion,
1 garlic glove
500ml veg or chicken stock
150g Arborio rice
20g butter (plus a little extra for cooking)
White wine or Vermouth
Optional: 50-100g fresh mushrooms, lemon juice, umami powder or porcini dust
1. Add 250ml warm water to Risotto Mix and soak for minimum 20 minutes.
2. Melt knob of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in pan, cook onions and garlic slowly for 10 minutes until softened.
3. Add rice, mix together for 1 minute.
4. Turn up heat and add ¼ glass of white wine and simmer for 1 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, remove mushrooms from soak and add to veg or chicken stock, put on a low heat.
6. Ladle stock into rice, stirring rice and wait for stock to evaporate before adding next ladle of stock- this should take about 20 minutes, adjust heat accordingly.
7. When rice is nearly done, put a knob of butter and oil in a pan, sauté mushrooms with garlic, season with salt and pepper (2 to 5 minutes depending on heat of pan and taste)
8. Add a sprinkle of umami powder or porcini dust if you like
9. Stir in parmesan and butter to rice and cover with lid or foil, wait 1 to 2 minutes 8. Serve rice with sautéed mushrooms on top, squeeze lemon juice over rice and mushrooms, and sprinkle some parmesan. Enjoy!!!