Ingredients:250g The Little Mill Company Strong Seeded Flour
250g plain white flour
2/3 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
1 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons honey
1. Place flour in a mixing bowl, sift in the baking soda and then add the sea salt- mix everything together ensuring all the powders are well blended.
2. Add the honey and the buttermilk.
3. Mix by hand until you've got a smooth, lump-free dough.
4. Place the dough in well-greased 2 lb loaf tin, cut a line to a depth of a couple of centimeters length-ways into the top, or shape into a round and cut a criss-cross into the top.
5. Place in a pre-heated over 180 degrees C, bake 50-55 minutes until you've got a nice, golden brown crust.
6. Turn onto a wire rack to cool.
7. Lather in Irish butter and enjoy.