Ingredients:1 pack (25g) Spice Devils Teeka Tropical
750g of chicken fillet (cut into chunks)
2 tablespoons plain yogurt
Juice from half a lemon
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 large onion, diced
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
2 tablespoons of tomato puree
Optional: 1 tablespoon of sugar or honey
3 to 4 tablespoons of cream – cooking or double cream
1 small handful of fresh chopped coriander, for garnish
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a heavy saucepan, brown the onions then add the butter
- Add the tinned tomatoes and tomato paste, leave to simmer until thickened
- Add the “Teek” spice pack and blend
- Add the yogurt, lemon juice and combine well- have a quick taste and see if you’d like to add salt at this point!
- Add the chicken pieces and the optional sweetener
- Add water, enough to cover the chicken and bring to the boil
- Lower the temperature and cook on a medium heat until the chicken is cooked, tender and the sauce has thickened
- Add the cream, additional salt if desired. If some extra spice is wanted, now is the time to add a little bit from the chilli packet. Or leave this aside so your guests can add extra chilli to their own taste!
- Garnish with coriander and serve with Basmati rice, couscous, naan or anything you like.
Prep and cooking time up to 1 ½ hours.
Serves 4 to 6