This recipe only takes a few minutes to put together- feel free to substitute Elderberry Syrup with Rosehip Syrup, and use Honeysuckle, Dandelion or Gorse Flower as the Shrub
Ingredients:16 oz honey or vanilla flavoured organic Greek yogurt (or use any of the Wild Irish Foragers pots to flavour plain yogurt)
A couple of handfuls of ripe strawberries, washed, trimmed and sliced thin
A couple of handfuls ripe blackberries and raspberries, washed
7 tablespoons of Wild Irish Foragers Elderberry Syrup
2 teaspoons of Wild Irish Foragers Sloe or Wild Blackberry Shrub
Optional: a yummy crunchy granola!
1. Gently heat the Elderberry Syrup over very low heat, stirring frequently. When the syrup is heated, add the shrub and stir well to blend the flavours.
2. Place prepared fruit in a medium sized bowl, drizzle the syrup/shrub glaze over the fruit, and mix well.
3. Take 4 wine glasses or similar and carefully place a good dollop (about 2 or 3 tablespoons) of Greek Yogurt in the bottom of each glass.
4. Add several tablespoons of the glazed fruit and syrup to each glass, and continue to layer the yogurt and glazed fruit (and granola, if you're going for it), finishing with the fruit. Try to use up every bit of glaze in the process, as you don’t want to miss a single drop!
5. Chill before serving,enjoy!