2 heaped teaspoons Wild Irish Seaweed Sugar Kelp sprinkles
115g castor sugar
340g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
The zest of half a lemon
- Combine the butter and sugar in a bowl, beat by hand until light and fluffy
- Add the eggs one at a time, beat in well each time.
- Stir in the baking soda, sugar kelp, cardamom and lemon zest.
- Sift in the flour, mix well.
- If the mix "feels" a bit dry, add a drop of milk.
- Add the batter to a well greased 9 inch round cake tin- some baking parchment lining the base wouldn't go astray, if you have it.
- Place in the centre of an oven pre-heated to 180 degrees C, bake for approximately 50 minutes- check with a wooden skewer, if it comes out unsticky and clean, you're done.
- Cool on a wire rack, dredge with a mix of icing sugar and cinnamon and lemon zest if you like, but otherwise its good to go.
- Serve with hot black tea and lemon, yum.