Burren Balsamics - Blackcurrant 250ml
This gutsy, full-flavoured Balsamic is a delicious accompaniment to game dishes in particular. The earthy fruit creates a sumptuous infusion, adding depth to many dishes, particularly nice in pheasant casseroles. A fruit pie with a generous splash of Blackcurrant Balsamic added to the fruit, topped with a tasty crumble.
- Added to a glass of Prosecco this makes a great alternative to ‘Kir Royale’
- A wonderful dressing for a beetroot and goats cheese stack
- Perfect with a tomato and spring onion salad
- Add it to roasting duck and then deglaze the pan and reduce to make a delicious jus
- Add into blackcurrant muffins
Ingredients: Balsamic vinegar of Modena, Blackcurrants, cane sugar
Burren Balsamics is the creation of Susie Hamilton, a chef and foodie who wanted to create an array of flavours which could be used as part of any recipe, to produce not just a luxury dressing, but a store cupboard essential.
Based in County Armagh, the heart of the orchard county, Susie strives to use as many local ingredients as possible. Only whole fruit is included in the making of her vinegar, and never from concentrate, ensuring the distinctive, rich, wholesome taste.