Burren Balsamics - Rhubarb & Ginger 250ml
Rhubarb gathered from local farms is infused with fresh chopped ginger producing a classic flavour with a hearty kick! Bake some nectarines or peaches in a slow oven to truly get the flavours or add to a winter stir fry.
- An amazing dressing for a griddled pear and blue cheese salad.
- Marinade some venison (or lamb) in this flavour with some garlic and rosemary.
- Pour into a beef casserole for a gentle kick!
- Drizzle into a stir fry.
- Bake stone fruit (plums, nectarines etc) for 30 minutes in a slow oven with a little apple juice.
- Make an upside down plum cake having cooked the plums in a pan in this flavour.
- Add it to rhubarb crumble.
Ingredients: Balsamic vinegar of Modena, Rhubarb, cane sugar, fresh ginger
Burren Balsamics is the creation of Susie Hamilton, a chef and foodie who wanted to create an array of flavours which could be used as part of any recipe, to produce not just a luxury dressing, but a store cupboard essential.
Based in County Armagh, the heart of the orchard county, Susie strives to use as many local ingredients as possible. Only whole fruit is included in the making of her vinegar, and never from concentrate, ensuring the distinctive, rich, wholesome taste.