Wild Irish Foragers - Spring Nettle Syrup 150ml
"We strive to recreate a taste of the past, recipes that were used in a bygone era. Wild food used in this way is part of Irish Food Heritage, a simple taste that has been almost forgotten. When we started out we went to Farmers Markets etc. and were amazed at the level of interest in our products and the amount of people who were so thrilled to taste a reminder of many of their childhoods. All our wild berries, flowers and herbs are handpicked by the whole family, but Gordon is our main forager and all the Wildies are handmade by Sharon in small batches."
These luscious syrups come in 150ml bottles, are rich in vitamins and minerals and many have properties that will be of interest to those into complimentary medicine. For the culinary inclined, or the mixologist however:
- Added as a topping to breakfast porridge, granola, natural yogurt etc
- Drizzle a teaspoon over a fruit salad
- Can also be taken in warm water or added to a black or green tea to make a fruit tea
- Excellent mixed with still or sparkling water (dilute to taste)
- Or as a mixer with white wine or spirits. Gin, Vodka, Whiskey or Champagne cocktails anyone?