Wild Irish Foragers - Wild Rosehip Shrub 100ml
"We strive to recreate a taste of the past, recipes that were used in a bygone era. Wild food used in this way is part of Irish Food Heritage, a simple taste that has been almost forgotten. When we started out we went to Farmers Markets etc. and were amazed at the level of interest in our products and the amount of people who were so thrilled to taste a reminder of many of their childhoods. All our wild berries, flowers and herbs are handpicked by the whole family, but Gordon is our main forager and all the Wildies are handmade by Sharon in small batches."
The shrubs come in 100ml and are really interesting. Nature's flavours combined with Irish Apple Cider Vinegar (with the mother), here are some ideas for use:
- Mixed with oil for dressings and marinades
- Add a dash to Hummus, Mayonnaises, Sauces
- Use as Flavouring in Baking and Cooking
- Drizzle over ice-cream and puddings
- Dilute with water for a thirst quenching drink
- A fabulous cocktail ingredient
- As a unique addition to a cheeseboard try a Shrub Shot (for shots dilute 1:1 with sparkling water) and enjoy with a good strong cheese for a taste explosion!